One week till WeDigBio 2017!
WeDigBio headquarters is abuzz with activity in anticipation of the best global transcription blitz yet! We'd like to let you know of our Sococo virtual meeting space tutorial and a few event reminders. Read on for full details.
- Sococo. We use the virtual meeting space Sococo for communicating during the event. All you need is an internet connection and webcam. You can use this space to connect with other events, to connect with offsite participants, to share a research talk with the world, or pretty much any other video-based application!
- If you're new to Sococo, or would like a refresher, join us this Monday, October 16, for a tutorial. We'll start at 11am East Coast US time, which is 4pm London, 8:30pm Bengaluru, and 2am Sydney. If you're unable to make it, email us to set up a more convenient time.
- To join the tutorial, open this link in Chrome. We'll show you around from there.
- See a brilliant example of using Sococo for research talks from last year's event at NYBG.
- Our SciStarter event list continues to grow! Please register your event there, if you haven't already.
- Stickers and tattoos have been mailed! If you'd like to receive WeDigBio stickers and tattoos, sign up here. We can't guarantee that they'll arrive by your event date, but we'll do our best to get them out.
- In related news, more than 3/4 of you would choose flight over invisibility!
If you've just recently expressed interest in hosting an event, have never hosted an event before, or are curious for more information, visit wedigbio.org. We're eager to help make your event a success! Email us at email@example.com with questions, concerns, or just to say hi.